Kağıthane Housing Project, Ortadogu Group12/21/2018
NEF 09 Office Project, NEF01/09/2019
Pool Deck Filling Application
This gated community needed lightweight filling around the swimming pool area that was located above the car park level. In order to fill this space, various heights of ABS Plus were used. ABS Plus was also preferred to do the inclination inside the pool.
Pictures from the project
What is ABS Plus Disposable Formwork?
ABS Plus is a disposable concrete formwork system made of recycled plastic. The system creates reinforced concrete raised floors with adjustable heights ranging from zero to 300 cm. It is mostly used for fast, light weight and economical filling applications.
Any sort of light weight filling application on floor, inverted beam fillings, landscaping filling applications to create hard surfaces, elevator and staircase hallway fillings, car ramps, filling applications above foundations or filling in strip foundations are only some of the common applications.
- By far, the most economical, lightweight, fast and easy solution to any sort of indoor filling application.
- Unmatched logistical advantage; the products are stackable in each other. A sample height of 100 cm could be filled with only 1 truck of disposable formworks where any other alternative filling material would require 50 trucks!
- The lightest solution to any filling problem; at a sample height of 100 cm only 5 cm of concrete is required on top of the dome, which means 90% of the volume that gets created is empty!
- Very high load bearing capacity; at a sample height of 100 cm with only 5 cm of topping concrete the live load bearing capacity is 55 kN/m2.
- Shortening of construction time; construction activities on upper floors may continue without waiting for the filling application below, as the filling application could be done anytime, saving very valuable actual construction time.
- Void space creation; the void space that gets created under the domes has a net width of 59 cm between Ø125 mm columns; meaning any sort of electrical and mechanical pipes, cables etc. could be passed in it before and after construction.
- Fast and easy installation; as fast as 20 m2/hour. Installation does not require any skilled labor.
- Ramp construction; PVC pipes could be cut at any size needed to create a ramp.
- Continuous concrete surface; any sort of covering application (epoxy paint, wood flooring, asphalt etc.) could be applied on the concrete surface very easily. Similarly, separator walls could be installed on the surface directly.
- Heat and sound insulation; the void space that gets created provides heat and sound insulation.
- Radon gas and damp barrier; if used above foundations and if ventilated, it is the most economical and safest way for removing radon gas, humidity and damp from living quarters.
- Environmental value; because the disposable formworks are made of recycled PP they help to gain considerable LEED certificate points.